Get a Thorough Inspection with C&W
If you suspect a gas line repair is needed on your home, allow C&W Plumbing to detect the location of a leak or other problem and offer solutions to your problem.
The Dangers of a Gas Leak
A gas line repair is something that should only be performed by a licensed plumber who is experienced in dealing with natural gas piping and service. It can be dangerous if not performed properly. We have been doing natural gas line repairs for over a decade and are experts in handling any situation regarding leaks in your gas system or to your gas appliance. Fortunately natural gas emits a telltale odor when a gas line repair may be required. If you smell a heavy odor, call your utility company and leave your home immediately. While it may only be a doused pilot light, it could also be a dangerous situation. Fumes can accumulate in enclosed areas and can ignite from a spark from a light switch, a burning candle, or a cigarette – with devastating results.
Gas Line Repair & Leak Location
If it has been determined that a gas line repair is required and that there is an existing leak, we can locate it and repair it for you. We will handle all required city permitting requirements and proceed with searching for the gas leak location immediately. Locating these leaks may require digging in the yard or removing wall or floor materials to look into places that pipelines are generally concealed.
Don’t Delay! Call for Gas Line Repairs 972-395-2597
A gas line repair is very often necessary in the following places:
- The stove. The hook up to a range is a common place for a leak to occur.
- Hot water heaters. It is usually the pilot light being out that causes a faint odor but the leak can leak from the hook up point also.
- Fireplaces. The gas valve on the fireplace can have a leak and make for dangerous situations in the winter when you go to turn it on.
- Clothes dryers. They can leak from the connection especially if the appliance has become off balance and was subjected to a lot of vibration and motion.
- The mainline and regulator. We will pressure test the lines to determine a leak. Very often pipes or fittings will have to be removed and replaced. These can often be in very hard to reach places and may require removal of walls, floor boards, digging etc. or require extensive gas leak location. However, sometimes, it is something that must be done to remedy the situation.
We return your gas system to operation quickly and efficiently. Call us if the utility company shuts off your gas supply due to a leak. We are on call to make the repair 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Contact C&W Plumbing now for more information, or to schedule an appointment at 972-395-2597.