Make Kitchen Cleanup Easy
A garbage disposal installation will add convenience to your everyday clean-up in the kitchen. All those scraps such as potato peels and the parts of vegetables that get discarded, along with eggshells and other wet garbage can simply be washed down the drain after they have been chopped up by the disposal. With installation and maintenance from C&W Plumbing, your disposal unit will do the dirty work for you for years.
C&W handles all aspects of disposal installation, including:
- Selecting the unit desired – horsepower, type of blade, warranty, etc.
- Removing the old unit and fittings, if necessary
- Putting in the sink flange, mounting ring and tightening the unit
- Mounting the garbage disposal
- Connecting the power cord to the power supply
- Making the dishwasher pipe connections
- Connecting the drain lines
- Locking into place all loose fittings
- Checking for leaks
- Ensuring that it works perfectly
After disposal installation, we make certain that it is in top working order. To get years of service, it is very important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for usage and avoid putting certain things down the drain that can damage pipes or clog the unit. Here is a list of do’s and don’ts related to the disposal system:
- DO NOT put anything hard down the drain, such as bones. A good rule of thumb is, if you could not chew it easily then the blades of the system will also have difficulty and may be damaged.
- DO NOT put grease, especially hard grease like animal fats, in the drain. They will cause the blades to dull. Because it is not water soluble, grease will result in a clog.
- DO NOT attempt to force large amount of matter down in the system. The disposal is not a replacement for the kitchen trash can.
- DO NOT put cardboard or paper in the system. These items dull blades and also expand when wet, causing clogs. Flour products such as pastas and bread cause similar problems.
- DO run water when using the system. This is what keeps things moving.
- DO pour baking soda water down the drain as a deodorizer. Lemon and other fruit peels work well for this purpose, as does vinegar.
If you follow the above rules, your garbage disposal installation will provide many years of service. We have been installing kitchen disposals since 1999, and have helped many homeowners lessen clean-up time in the kitchen. We strive to perform the best quality work for this, and every other plumbing installation and repair that we do.
Garbage Disposal Need Repair? Call C&W
C&W Plumbing also offers excellent garbage disposal repair services. It is common for a garbage disposal to become clogged or for the blades to break or not work right. When this happens try resetting the system before you call us. If this does not work, one of our plumbers can come out to your home immediately to assess and repair the issues. We can have your garbage disposal running again in no time! Call now 972-395-2597 for disposal installation or contact C&W Plumbingby6 filling out the form to the right.